STARPROPERTY SDN BHD (“Organiser”) STARPROPERTY.MY AWARD VOTING CONTEST (“Contest”)
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST AS THEY CONTAIN BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF OUR LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU ARE DEEMED TO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PROCEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
Terms & Conditions:
1. This Contest is organised by the Organiser and is open to all residents in Malaysia, aged 18 years and above at the time of entry save and except for: –
a) permanent and/or temporary employees of the Organiser, Star Media Group Berhad (“SMGB”) and/or its respective subsidiaries and/or its affiliates, and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives; and
b) representatives and/or business partners (including advertising, promotion and public relations agencies) of the Organiser and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
2. The Contest will commence from 22 February 2017 at 12.00am and end on 9 March 2017 at 11.59pm (“Contest Period”).
3. To stand a chance to win a prize in this Contest, participants have to vote for your favourite developer of the year, answer one simple question and fill up the Contest’s form. Participants who provide false,incorrect and/or insufficient details will be automatically disqualified.
4. In order to verify the participant’s vote, the Organiser will be sending a pin code number via short messaging service to the participant’s mobile number. The participants are required to fill in the participant’s personal data such as name, mobile number and email address and thereafter the participant will then be required to click on the “Send Pin Code” button and whereby the participant will then receive the said pin code number for the vote submission.
5. Multiple entries are NOT allowed. Entries submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disregarded.
6. There are fifteen (15) prizes to be won throughout the Contest Period. Each participant can only win one (1) prize. Breakdown for the prizes are as follows:-
• 15 gift vouchers worth RM100.00 each
7. In the event of any prize being unavailable for any reason, the Organiser has the right to substitute the prizes with any other products of similar value. All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash or for any other prizes. All prizes are given on an “As Is, Where Is” basis.
8. Fifteen (15) participants who answered a question correctly and voted for the developer who won the Readers’ & Voters’ Choice Category will stand a chance to win a prize. Winners will be notified via email or phone. If a winner is not contactable within three (3) attempts, his/her prize will be automatically forfeited. All prizes must be claimed from the Organiser at Menara Star, 15, Jalan 16/11, Phileo Damansara II, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor within three (3) months from the date of notification.
9. Proof of identity to be provided in order to claim the prize.
10. By participating in this Contest, the participants acknowledge and agree that the Organiser excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or the Contest. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in the Contest, redemption and/or usage of the prizes. The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the participants as a result of your participation in the Contest and/or the use of the prizes.
11. Unless otherwise specified, all ancillary costs are the participants’ responsibility.
12. If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, then the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions for this Contest, modify the Contest, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, without prior notice.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and the amended terms and conditions will be uploaded onto awards.starproperty.my
14. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING STATEMENT RELATING TO PARTICIPANT (this “Notice”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT, 2010 (“PDPA”) AND PUBLICITY
14.1 The PDPA governs the processing of the participant’s personal data (“Personal Data”) by the Organiser. This Notice is issued to participants to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organiser and/or SMGB.
14.2 Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) submitted by participants in their participation of the Contest shall belong to the Organiser and/or SMGB and the participants irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organiser and/or SMGB to use, publish or feature the participants’ and/or their pictures (which may include the participant’s name, statements about the Contest or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to in any of the Organiser’s and/or SMGB’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to the Contest.
14.3 Transfer: The participants’ Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organiser and SMGB but the participants agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 14.2 above, the Organiser and/or SMGB may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
(a) Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser and/or SMGB;
(b) The Organiser’s and/or SMGB’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser and/or SMGB providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organiser and/or SMGB in relation to the Contest (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
(c) Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organiser and/or SMGB;
(d) Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organiser and/or SMGB are under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
14.4 Access: The participants have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant participants’ Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any participant under the PDPA.
16. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the Contest or the prizes not specified herein shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
17. The Organiser’s decisions are final and there shall be no appeal entertained and/or allowed. All participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the Organiser’s decisions.
18. For further information, please email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.